I guess I've always had a negative self-image as much as anyone else. There are verious reasons although I think I'm as well-adjusted as the next person but when the same issue crop up year after year (and indeed decade after decade) you can't help but get used to the hand that you think life has dealt you. So for a number of years I'd more or less settled in to my life on the understanding I knew what my 'role' was. OK recently I blogged that I wasn't going to accept where nature had put me in life but I had no idea how to go about it.
So it turns out I was wrong about the 'role' I was given. Kym is just perfect in ways I couldn't possibly have imagined with any woman I've been with before. I've got no intentions of publically explaining that one but if you really know me then you'll know what I'm talking about.
So what's the story here? Never think you know what hand life is dealing you. If there's light at the end of the tunnel for me then it's there for anyone and I truly believe that. Kym has proven to me that the idea I had of where my life is going (and it's an idea I've had for almost 20 years) was wrong. And she blew it straight out of the water. Absolutely destroyed it.
In any case is there some sort of 'logic' to all this? Rod and Louise split up, Kym and I get together, change begets change? Oasis look like they're splitting up, their music provided the soundtrack to my adult life up until now, am I to leave it all behind? More change. Is Kym the biggest indication yet that in so many ways it's time to move on? Change begets change!
Don't know about the lyrics but the title and sentiment are both spot on...